xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#' Inspiring Journey: Shauna's Thoughts: My Favorite Things

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Shauna's Thoughts: My Favorite Things


Hello everybody!   For My Thoughts Wednesday I want to talk about some of my favorite things. These things are a must in my every day routine, and some of them I have just started to use and love!  I hope this will bring you some inspiration to try new things :)


1) A good dependable water bottle.  My daily go to bottle is the Blender bottle.  Most fitness junkies know what this is, but if you don't it is a life saver.  They are good for water, juice, and tea but I use mine to blend up my pre-work out and protein powders. They come in many styles and colors, they are BPA and Phthalate free, re-usable, and dishwasher safe.  Whatever water bottle you choose, make it a good dependable one, because this should basically be glued to you at all times. Water, water, water....all day every day.


2) Quest Bars.  This is THE. BEST. PART. OF. MY. DAY.  It's like I get to eat a delicious treat every single day... and it's nutritious. They come in an variety of flavors perfected to satisfy that 2 O'clock snack attack.  My favorite bar is the Cookies & Cream flavor.  I also like, Double Chocolate Chunk, Peanut Butter Supreme, and Coconut Cashew.  They are usually 20grams of Protein,  22 - 25 grams of Carbs, high in Fiber, and are Gluten Free.  They make other products as well so check out their website questnutrtion.com and you will be able to see all of the nutrtion facts.

3) Here's a new favorite, P28 breads.  These are High Protein (28grams per serving) breads and my favorite are the Bagles.  Now that I am able to eat bagles again :), no cream cheese of course, they are awesome to make sandwiches with.  Today I made a delicious turkey and provolone sammie. Check out P28Foods.com for other products, and recipes.


4) My food log is a daily must. I use My Fitness Pal for all of my food logging and nutrient tracking.  I cannot stress enough how important keeping a food log has been for my weightloss journey.  The good and the bad, it all goes in there.  I try to plan a day ahead, that way I can see how my carbs/proteins/fats are stacking up for each meal. It helps me make sure I am getting all my nutrition in for the day to keep me accountable.  If I have to many "not so good days" I can look back and see what I need to do to re-balance my nutrtion and get back on track. You can also add friends and check out what kind of delicious meals they are coming up with! You can find me on My Fitness Pal by searching user name: sunnypacz19.

5) My Polar fitness watch is my heart rate monitor and my calorie counter.  There are a million types of these watches out there like the Fitbit, Jawbone...etc. My husband got me the Polar watch about two years for my birthday and I love it.  It keeps track of my workouts, heart rate, and you can also download the phone app to track your running/walking sessions.  I think investing in some type of fitness watch is good, because again, it will keep you accountable and monitor your progress.

6) Lastly, my workout is my favorite part of my day.  As you probably know by now I live life at level 10.  I am a Farrell's Extreme Bodyshaping nut and proud of it.  This is my 45 minutes part of the day that is mine.  I get to relieve the stress of the day, challenge myself, see my friends, get away from being an adult, and to not worry about anything except what I need to reach my level 10 for the day.  I'm not saything this is the only thing that works, this is just what works for me. The key here is I LOVE FARRELLS.  Find something you love and become passionate about it.  Kickboxing, running, biking, lifting weights, Zumba, dancing, doing Beach Body DVD's at home, Yoga, or playing a sport, whatever it is just move your body! Get up and get active.  If you enjoy your workout you will have a better chance of sticking to it.

So there are a few of my favorite must haves.  Let me know in the comments below if you have some go to foods, snacks, or fitness things you love and cannot live without! You can also find me on instagram ( it is another favorite thing of mine) @sunnypacz.  I post alot of my meals and my life on there.  Thanks for making Inspiring Journey part of your day.

~Shauna~










No comments :

Post a Comment

We would love to hear about your journey, or even things you would like to see on this blog :)